Skip to content
Curtin University

Driving in Western Australia

If you are just visiting Western Australia (WA) you can drive on your current overseas licence. However, if your licence expires whilst you are here, or if you plan to live in WA, you will need to apply for a WA driver's licence.

If you have a valid driver's licence in another country, you can apply for a Western Australian driver’s licence through the Department of Transport.

Visit the Department of Transport website provides information on:

  • Laws about driving legally in Western Australia
  • How to transfer your overseas licence
  • Tests you may need to undertake
  • How to apply for a Western Australian licence.