Top reasons to volunteer
There are many awesome reasons to volunteer with CV!. It’s a great way to make friends, learn new skills, help the community and it looks great on your résumé.
- Be more employable
- Meet new people
- Gain practical experience
- Improve your English skills
- Share your skills, time and experience
Be more employable
When it comes to landing that dream job after university, your volunteering could make all the difference. More and more employers are looking toward community service as the distinguishing factor amongst applicants.
Having volunteering service on your resume can show you:
- Are committed
- Are experienced within a field
- Have initiative
- Go the extra mile to see tasks through.
Meet new people
Volunteering means you get to hang out with like-minded people and expand your circle of friends.
Gain practical experience
Gaining experience in your chosen field:
- Helps you make better informed decisions about your electives, internships, graduate opportunities and any further studies
- Gives you the competitive edge when looking for a job.
Improve your English skills
Volunteering gives you the perfect opportunity to practice your English skills as you mix and mingle with other volunteers and the wider community.
Share your skills, time and experience
Volunteering allows you to help others by contributing your time, skills and experience to a worthwhile cause! It’s great fun and you’re bound to feel all warm and fuzzy!