Curtin Volunteers! are actively improving the health of our community. Get involved by supporting mothers of pre-school age children, helping people with disabilities with their exercise, teaching kids, promoting child nutrition and assisting Foodbank WA.
- Mothers of Pre-schoolers (MOPS)
- Southern Cross Care
- Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden
- Uniting Care West – Family Foundations Service
Mothers of Pre-schoolers (MOPS)
Mothers of Pre-schoolers (MOPS) Australia nurtures mothers of pre-school age children by:
- Providing a caring social network
- Sharing needs and feelings and encouraging personal growth
- Helping mothers realise the importance of their role
- Giving support during challenging times
- Meeting in a relaxed environment over morning tea.
Babysitting (MOPPETS program)
Enjoy babysitting? Help us run the MOPPETS program. We look after children while their mothers take part in MOPS' activities. You’ll be asked to engage children in fun activities for just two hours a week.
Southern Cross Care
Southern Cross Care (WA) Inc. specialises in Dementia and is one of the largest aged care providers in WA providing care, support and accommodation to over 3,000 Western Australians.
Volunteers in the Southern Cross Care program will assist aged care residents and dementia patients with a range of activities including Bingo, craft, etc. Our volunteers give residents within the aged care/dementia facility the attention they need by supporting the SCC staff and Occupational Therapists in the activities they run.
Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden
Our Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation aims to get school-aged children thinking about and appreciating healthy eating. We help kids at Beckenham Primary School plant, harvest, prepare and share freshly grown produce at their school.
Volunteers are needed for our cooking classes. You will:
- Run 1-2 hour sessions (you select a time that suits you)
- Reap the rewards of watching kids understand basic nutrition from garden to plate
Uniting Care West – Family Foundations Service
Family Foundations Service, offered by Uniting Care West, is a drop-in centre for families experiencing homelessness. Volunteers are required to supervise children in the play area as their parents access support services. Be a part of this great initiative, the first of its kind in WA, which endeavours to create a positive homely atmosphere for families.