Don Watts House, Bentley Campus
Don Watts House Studio (for couples) living and bathroom
Don Watts House Studio (for couples) living room
Don Watts House Studio kitchen
Don Watts House Standard bedroom
Don Watts House Standard kitchen and living
Don Watts House exterior
Comprising 10 single-storey buildings and located in Kurrajong Village, Don Watts House can accommodate 100 students. Fully furnish shared units—as well as a limited number of private studio apartments for couples—are available.
About the accommodation
All Don Watts House residents enjoy a range of benefits that come with on-campus living.
The proposed rent for 2017 is $185 per week for a standard room and $320 per week for a studio apartment (working out to $160 a week per person). All prices are still subject to confirmation by Curtin University.
• Utilities Usage allowance (water, gas and electricity)
• Free access to Curtin University Wi-Fi for Curtin enrolled and eduroam students
• Smart TV
• Free parking, (subject to availability)
• Free Curtin Stadium gym membership
• Free use of Laundry equipment (consumables not included)
• An active and culturally diverse social calendar
Shared apartment living
Your standard apartment will have:
- Eight bedrooms and two bathrooms
- Spacious living areas
- Fridge, freezer, stove (cooker) and microwaves in two kitchen stations
Our flats are generally mixed gender.
Your room will be:
- Fully furnished with a bed, mattress, wardrobe, chair, desk, fan, study lamp and heater
- Equipped with a computer network connection port
Studio Apartments for couples
Enjoy your own space with our studio apartments, reserved exclusively for couples.
Your studio apartment will:
- Be a small self-contained unit that is attached to the shared apartments
- Have its own entrance, kitchen and bathroom
- Be studio style with the bedroom and living room in one area
- Provide a large desk big enough for two
- Have two separate computer network connection ports
You can find out more about living on-campus in the Residence Handbook.
Rental details, eligibility and application form
Keen to move into your own room at Don Watts House? If so, find out more regarding:
- Eligiblity for on-campus accommodation
- The price guide and sample (licence) agreement
- Availability and applications
While the rent will cover water, electricity, free access to Curtin University’s Wi-Fi service as well as Smart TV, residents can also enjoy a free off-peak gym membership at Curtin Stadium for the duration of their on-campus stay. In addition, all residents are encouraged to take part in the frequent and culturally diverse social activities organised by the Kurrajong Village staff. On campus fees are charged 20/22 weeks in advance. Special payment arrangements may be possible under extraordinary circumstances and with approval by the management.
One of the highlights of living on-campus involves meeting new people from all around the world and having an active social life. To find out what’s been happening lately in and around Don Watts House, like the Kurrajong Village Facebook page.
You are also invited to enjoy some friendly sporting competitions with other on-campus residences.
Choosing where to live is a big decision. Want to speak to someone about living at Don Watts House? We’d love to hear from you. For more, please contact:
Manager: Norm Johnson
Housing Supervisor: Amanda Tan
Housing Officer: Yen Hieu
Address: Kyle Avenue Bentley 6102
Phone: +61 8 9266 4646
Fax: +61 8 9266 4640