Student Wellbeing Advisory Service
You are not alone at Curtin. If you are struggling with a study or personal issue, or you just don’t know where to go or who to ask, our Student Wellbeing Advisory Service can help. Our service is free and confidential for all Curtin students.
Types of concerns we can help you with
Struggling with a personal or study issue? Or is something else making life difficult? Maybe you are just confused about the campus or some university paperwork? You’re not alone. We offer helpful, caring, confidential assistance to many students for a whole range of reasons, including:
- Unsure where to start with trying to resolve an issue
- Difficulties with settling into university
- Personal matters
- Worries about your studies (e.g. taking on difficult units, being placed on conditional status or questioning your course choice)
- Issues with your faculty or a school staff member.
Contact our experienced Student Wellbeing Advisors to discuss any issue, incident or activity that is frustrating, worrying, threatening or affecting you in any way - no matter how big or small.
Important note: In the event of emergency, especially if any person is in danger, call the Police on 000.
How we help
Often, just speaking to a Student Wellbeing Advisor can solve a small issue easily, or if the issue is larger you can feel like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders. When you contact us, you’ll be introduced to an Advisor who will:
- Listen to your query or concerns
- Try to understand your situation
- Work with you to resolve your issue or source other relevant information and assistance
- Follow up with you to provide further support and advice if required
- Keep a confidential record of help provided so we can better assist you should you contact us again.
Anything you tell us will be kept confidential (within normal Student Advisory Service professional boundaries) unless you wish the matter to be taken further.
The only reasons we cannot maintain confidentiality are if:
- You or others are in clear danger
- We are legally obliged to do so. This includes such circumstances as a court subpoena, a valid search warrant or other current legislated requirements.
Contacting our service will not have any impact on your International student visa, your enrolment or your relationship with academic or other staff.
How to reach us
You can contact us by phone, email or in person, Monday to Friday. If you call us after hours, you will be able to leave a message. One of our Student Wellbeing Advisors will contact you as soon as possible the next working day.
Bentley campus students
- Call: It’s free to call our Student Wellbeing Hotline on 1800 244 043.
- Email: email@example.com. We will get back to you within one working day.
- Visit us in person: Come and say hello at Student Wellbeing Advisory Services in Building 103, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.45pm. Find us on the campus map.
Kalgoorlie campus students
- Call: You can reach your Student Wellbeing Advisor on +61 9088 6029.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you within one working day.
- Visit us in person: Come say hello at Student Support Services in Building 701, Rm 113 Monday to Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm.
If you are overseas
If you are overseas, please call +61 8 9266 2662. This will connect you to our Advisors who can assist you directly or refer you to support at any of the Curtin campuses.
Other ways Curtin can help
We have many support services on campus and can also help you access off-campus support. For a full list of our other Curtin support services please go to our Curtin Life homepage.