Elite Athlete Program (EAP)
Training for elite sport while studying for a degree is the ultimate challenge.
The Elite Athlete program provides assistance and support for Curtin University students that are currently in a state or national representative squad, team or individual sport.
Apply to be part of the Elite Athlete Program at Curtin.
Find out more
Three easy ways to get started
Email: Send us a message
Phone: +61 8 9266 1963
On this page:
- What is the Elite Athlete Program?
- Are you an Elite Athlete?
- Benefits of joining the program
- Financial assistance
- Elite Athlete Scholarships
If you are a current National Squad member representing your country internationally in open team or individual sports you may be considered to be an Elite Athlete. Elite Athletes are generally registered with the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), the West Australian Institute of Sport (WAIS) and participating professional players association.
If you represent your sport at the highest level and are not registered with one of these organisations, check your eligibility to the EAP with Curtin's Elite Athlete Coordinator (EAC).
Curtin University is part of the Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) Network. Curtin's Elite Athlete Program helps support athletes competing on an national or international level through their university degrees. Whether it's financial assistance, study support or just some friendly advice you are after, Curtin's Elite Athlete Coordinator is here to help you.
We understand that every Elite Athlete's situation is unique. To help you achieve success in both sport and studies, Curtin's EAC will assist you in:
- Course entry
- Academic planning
- Flexible study options allowing you to adjust your academic study load to meet academic objectives and sporting commitments
- Deferred assessments and assignment extensions. Elite Athletes are eligible to defer assessments and exams due to sporting commitments or if competing inter-state or overseas.
- Flexible attendance throughout the academic semester. Internal students may be exempt from specific attendance requirements due to sport related travel commitments.
Elite athletes are eligible for funding benefits through the Elite Athlete Scholarship Program, Curtin Stadium University sports events assistance and Curtin Stadium Fitness memberships.
- Elite Athlete Scholarships are awarded annually to promising new and continuing Curtin University students.
- University Sports Events funding to assist students in representing Curtin at the Australian University Games (AUG). Funding may also be available to compete at the World University Games and Championships.
- Free Curtin Stadium Fitness Centre memberships.
Elite Athlete Scholarships support elite athletes in attaining excellence in their chosen sport whilst maintaining high academic achievements. A total of up to $2,500 cash is available each semester to be contributed towards educational related expenses. Payments are based on full time study load of at least 75 credits per semester. Part time enrollment results in reduced scholarship entitlements. Find out more about the Scholarships available for Curtin students and Elite Athletes.
Applications are closed for 2016 for the Elite Athlete Scholarships.
Each year Curtin University recognises and celebrates excellence in sporting achievements of Curtin students and alumni and the prestigious Vice Chancellors Elite Athlete List. See the 2014 winners.