Athlete Development Program
Academy members will receive the best quality education assistance, skills development, fitness training and life skills development with some of Australia’s leading professionals and sports coaches.
The Academy will work individually with every athlete member to determine their sport and education requirements. Athletes will be placed with an appropriate club, state league or state sporting elite development squad to advance their sporting development.
Academy programs are designed to be a totally integrated and unique Australian cultural, educational and sporting experience.
The Athlete Development Program is restricted to international students only and application must be made prior to commencing studies at Curtin University.
Sporting services will incorporate an individualised personal aspirations program that will include the appropriate level in the following areas:
Skills Development Programs
Intensive skills development programs
- Exposure to grade and pennant training and competition
- Selection trials for State and National Leagues
Sporting competition and club training
- Alignment with first class local or state sporting associations
- Regular club training
- Access to club and representative squad coaches
Fitness Testing and Programs
- Individualised fitness testing and training program
- Access to Curtin University Fitness Centre at no cost
- A focussed program designed for specific sport requirements
- Follow up progress and goal achievement feedback
- Athletes will have the opportunity to represent Curtin University at State based (TSWA) competition
- Selection will take place for athletes to compete at the Australian University Games event
- Athletes accepted into the Academy will be required to undertake standard academic requirements and be a fully enrolled student at Curtin University
- Curtin University offers a world class education in Business, Science, Engineering, Health and Humanities
- The University has pre-approved study packages to make unit choice and application as easy as possible
- The Elite Athlete Program Coordinator will assist you with academic planning, customising your study and course entry
- On campus accommodation is furnished and has on site staff and management
- Most accommodation has single rooms in six or eight bedroom self-contained apartments
- The Elite Athlete Program Coordinator will assist with accommodation requirements or negotiating for places on campus
- There is a dedicated Curtin Housing Advisory Service on campus
AUSE Adventure and Personal Development
- The Academy is devoted to providing participants with cultural and personal development opportunities that will last a life time
- Learning about the world and experiencing a different culture is the most exciting and exhilarating part of studying overseas. Academy members will be treated to a recreation and leisure program in a uniquely Australian context
- The Academy along with the Curtin University Leadership Centre provides life skills and personal development program for participants
ContactFor more information and eligibility, contact David Russell.