The Employer Engagement team is available to support and advise interested organisations wanting to advertise work experience opportunities to Curtin students.
There are many benefits for organisations hosting students on short term work experience placements. As well as expanding your recruitment channels, it can provide development opportunities for your current staff, and also help to raise your profile in the community.
Advertise a Work Experience Opportunity
Exclusive to Curtin students and graduates, UniHub is an online jobs board advertising a full range of employment opportunities. Register your organisation and advertise employment opportunities with your company free of charge. Work experience opportunities must be in line with our Guidelines for Host Organisations and comply with the Fair Work Act.
If you have an opportunity in mind, please submit the details to UniHub and, if approved, it will be advertised to our students.
Work Experience Insurance
If you are preparing to host a current Curtin student for unpaid work experience, you may find your organisation’s Personal Accident Insurance does not cover them during the placement. Curtin Careers, Employment & Leadership can provide free work experience insurance for eligible Curtin students, if the placement falls within our Guidelines for Host Organisations.
Once the student has submitted their application for work experience insurance to Careers, Employment & Leadership, you will receive full instructions and links to the Fieldwork Agreement that must be submitted on UniHub. Upon approval, you will receive a confirmation email including the Certificates of Currency for the insurance cover.
Please allow 5 business days for processing of work experience insurance applications. This allows for fulfilment of pre-placement requirements by the student, and finalisation of the application approval.
Participate in the Curtin Employability Award
The Curtin Employability Award program combines professional development and industry experience to maximise a student’s potential for career success in a global environment. As an employer, participation in this program enables you to provide beneficial industry experiences to students that will be recognised on their secondary transcript when they graduate.
To receive the Curtin Employability Award students are required to:
- Complete 5 professional development modules, covering a range of topics, including resume writing, personal branding, and workplace rights and responsibilities
- Undertake an industry experience
- Complete a formal reflection on what they have accomplished during this program
What does this mean for you?
There are no additional obligations for you in this process, however you are able to participate further in the program if you wish. We will contact you in following ways regarding the Curtin Employability Award program:
- A phone call to gather feedback on your student’s industry experience. This information will then be provided to the student, assisting them in their professional development
- An email with recognition categories for which you may wish to nominate your student. These nominations will be acknowledged at the presentation ceremony
- An invitation to attend the presentation ceremony, recognising the valuable contributions from employers as well as the achievements of the Curtin Employability Award students
Benefits to hosting a student
- Assisting in the professional development of Curtin students
- Building relationships with potential future employees, possibly addressing current or future skills shortages
- Enabling students to be eligible for appropriate Fair Work compliant unpaid work opportunities. To determine if your opportunity complies the Fair Work Act, please refer to the Fair Work Ombudsman
If you have any questions about the Curtin Employability Award,
please contact us via at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on advertising work experience opportunities, work experience insurance, or participating in the Curtin Employability Award, please contact us via email at email@example.com
or phone 08 9266 7802.