Find out about news items related to support services at Curtin University.
[Posted: 6 Mar 2017]
Enter the Wall Sit Test this month to win two weeks on your Fitness membership at Curtin Stadium.
How the test works:
- Participant must stand with feet shoulder width apart with their back and head against the wall.
- Participant must slide their back down the wall to assume a squat position with both knees and hips at a 90 degree angle.
- Arms must be either out in front or crossed. Switching between the arm positions is allowed.
- The aim is to hold this position as long as possible. If the body comes off the wall, legs are straightened or bent, or arms are used to assist stance, the time is up.
This test measures the strength endurance of the lower body in particular the quadriceps.
- The results are to be recorded by a gym floor staff member
- Only one attempt per person, per monthly challenge
- Staff have final decision of results
- In the case of a tie, participants must share the prize.
- Anyone may participate, with only paying membership holders being eligible to win the prize. This does not include casual passes, vouchers, free trials.
We have a new Challenge on every month so keep updated and follow us on Facebook.